Traverse winders are used to wind strips onto an oscillating spool.
b+s precision traverse winding lines are used where wide coils need to be wound quickly and efficiently into a long and narrow strip length. For high production, one coil can be unwound and cut into several slit coils. According to customer requirements, several traverse winders will be equipped with the slit coils.
In a stand-alone system, individual coils are unwound and welded together, then oscillatingly wound up with the traverse winder.
Depending on requirements and material, coiling is performed directly on the mandrel head, on cores or on spools. Customized, these lines can be supplemented, for example, with a thickness gauge, a precision straightener or even an oiling device.
Our services include:
- detailed project consultation
- customer-oriented kick-off meeting
- in-house design office
- intensive interaction between mechanical and electrical design
- high value-added chain with in-house manufacturing and assembly
Advantages of a b+s traverse winding line:
- exact winding pattern with increasing coil diameter due to high-performance winding algorithm
- very good edge build-up from start due to the initial waiting angle
- very stable, uniform edge build-up due to automated program for the offset angle
- fully automatic calculation of the optimum winding step
- perfect winding pattern – independent of the line operator
- Reduction of setup times through innovative automation solutions as well as fast line speeds,
- High-precision cutting quality due to clearance-free slitter shaft bearings,
- minimization of the burr height with a simultaneously high number of strips due to the smallest possible deflection of the cutter shafts,
- experience in processing ultra-high-strength materials with a tensile strength above 1,500 N/mm² with a yield strength above 1,100 N/mm².